Areas of Interest
Specializing in Complex Laparoscopic Hernia Repair (minimally invasive and robotic), General, Breast and Colorectal Surgery
- St. Johns University, Queens, NY, Biological Sciences
- University of South Carolina School of Medicine, Columbia, SC
- Orlando Regional Medical Center, Orlando, FL
- Atlanta Medical Center, Atlanta, GA
- Stamford Hospital, Stamford, CT, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, - Categorical Surgery resident
Nik Teppara, MD is a native of Canada and moved to the United States at the age of 18. He is married to Lori Teppara, a personal trainer who is also employed by Cornerstone as a health care coordinator. They have two children, a one and three-year old. Both Dr. Teppara and his wife enjoy sports, being active and playing on the Cornerstone softball team! Dr. Teppara has many hobbies which include cooking, watching and playing all sports; especially golf, tennis, hiking and football. He is also currently a Major in the Air Force Reserves.
Dr. Teppara is known for his warm bed-side manner in which he makes his patients feel “like family”. He provides a comforting sense of support and encouragement for his patients while also having the knowledge and expertise to perform the surgical procedures necessary to improve their health.
- American Medical Association (AMA)
- American College of Surgeons (ACS)
- American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons (ASCRS)
- Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons (SAGES)
- American Hernia Society (AHS)
- High Point Medical Society
Honors, Awards, etc.
- President's Society at St. John's University
- Watson Pre-Medical Honor Society
- Roger Bacon Scientific Honor Society
- Basic Life Support (BLS) & Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS)
- Da Vinci Robotic Surgery Training - simulation modules and intra-operative experience
- Fundamentals of Laparoscopic Surgery (FLS)